With the Summer holidays almost over I am trying to squish a couple of extra photos into the challenge; unfortunately I have had to abandon a couple for looking a bit rubbish, but I am happy with the two below so felt they were worth posting 🙂
This is a lovely Crafters Companion stamp which I have used before but felt was well worth using again.I used polycolours and extended the scene around the stamp to fill the topper space. I have also cleverly covered up an unfortunate ink smudge with a ribbon 😉
This second one is a Lili of the valley digistamp; also coloured with polycolours but with some Wink of Stella glitter pen; glue drops to which I have added some glitter and some foiling (difficult to see on the photo) and a couple of liquid drops for the hair and toe bells. This particular one had two rescues, the first being that I over coloured my fairy’s face, which I managed to fix using a rubber (proper artists putty rubber, not a hard pencil eraser) which worked very well and the second being that although I have a stamping platform I forgot to use it, so when the sentiment only half stamped I had to try and line it back up. As is nearly always the case I ended up with a ghost image of some of the sentiment, but this has been covered by adding a green shadow effect to the text.
Rather than the HunkyDory Challenge I have instead been playing around with new stuff… naughty me…
The Under the Sea Stamp is from the new Heartfelt Creations range and although I have not used it here, it also has a matching die. The image is stamped onto Neenah Desert Storm card, which I have also cut using a Tonic Die frame. Both the frame and the background are inked-up in distress inks and I have also stamped some more fish onto the background using the same distress inks. The fish itself is coloured in Spectrum Noir and although it does not show on the picture, I have gone over the top with a Wink of Stella pen to make my fish sparkle
Daisy Girl is a stamp that I actually bought for the frame, however the little girl is quite pretty too 😉 The whole thing is coloured in distress inks with little bit of Wink of Stella on the sentiment and the girl. The girl herself was stamped with Momento black ink however all of the other stamping was also done with distress ink with the flowers being done in first and second generation stamping as well as in a couple of different coours. For anyone who does not know what is meant be generation stamping, it refers to the number of times that you stamp an image before you re-ink it; so second and third generation stamps will be faded in colour and not necessarily a complete image depending on how evenly inked the stamp was to start with
The other two SJ images follow the same principle, however the main images were coloured with Spectrum Noir rather than distrss inks.