Yesterday afternoon I set myself the challenge of completing x4 A6 cards. I was aiming to be quick but as followers will probably have noticed, I am really not very good at ‘quick’ cards.
I also wanted to do couple of male cards as the majority of mine tend towards a feminine cast.
Card No 1 was really easy, this is just a backing paper with a tag, some string and some pearl drops. The tag is stamped with a new Docrafts ‘Happy Birthday’ stamp that WC and I found in the Range a couple of days ago; I have then used clear embossing ink (you could also use black on black card) and gone over it with gilding wax. To finish off, I have then put in an eyelet for the string to go through.
The second of the male cards is made using the same Docrafts stamp, but also some Sheena Stamps. Apart from the sentiment, the rest of the stamping is in distress inks. For both the microphone and the guitar I have then used water to pull some of the ink to create some shadow colouring, then to make the guitar pop a little more I have outlined it with a grey pencil, making sure the ‘dark side’ of the guitar has a wider shadow band.
For Embellishments I have used Brads; 1 per corner, 1 to hide a hole I made in error and the lock and key brads
The Guitar and Microphone are also glittered, which you can sort of see on this photo.
Card no 3; This one is also coloured using distress inks. I have used a Heartfelt Creations Hisbiscus stamp; an Inkadinkado humming bird stamp and a Personal Impressions sentiment stamp.
- Stamp the flower image
- Stamp the bird image
- Add your background distress colours and blend together.Here, I have used the flower image to determine where I wanted the pickled raspberry colour and built the rest of the background from that.
- Smoodge the same distress colours as your background onto a glass mat (or similar)
- Use either a damp paint brush or a sparkle pen to pick up and apply the distress ink to the bird image
I have also mixed the colours together a little which has given me a second green and the orangey colour. The rest of the card is finished off with pearl drops and punch flowers (edged in the same distress inks). Please bear in mind that if you intend to colour with a waterbased product (i.e. distress inks) you will need to use and alcohol based ink to stmap your image. I have used versfine smokey grey.
For people who can count, you will notice that this is only 3 cards rather than 4, this is because I had two that went badly enough to throw away 😦
Never mind, more fun for next time 😉