Well hello to all!
Its been a bit quiet on the blog front recently, but we have been busy busy busy 🙂
This is a small selection of our most recently commissioned pieces; if anyone wants to know specific products/techniques etc please ask 🙂
However the majority of the stamps are by Sheena Douglass/Donna Ratcliff with most of the colouring being various items from the Spectrum Noir Range; I have however tagged other products which have also been used.
I hope everyone is having a happy 2018 so far; I plan to spend a couple of happy crafty hours today so will quite possibly post some of the new goodies which have mysteriously arrived at my door….
Having seen the lovely xmas card Weirdchild has been making I found myself a little confused as I am sure that the Challenge was to be using something new…. However the challenge is only a guideline anyway so who cares?!
Every month I do my best to set myself a specific Crafty allowance ( I am sure many others do too) and so I am ashamed to say that I blew the whole of August’s allowance in one blow 😦
Some of you will have seen the new Crafters Companion Christmas Stamps that launched a couple of weeks ago which I had been merrily ignoring; unfortunately I was then lured into purchase by a really good deal (with a set of sparkle pens) and an additional discount available on the site through other means. I have been drooling a little over the sparkle pen sets for a while so I finally succumbed.
I have done two cards so far and a possibility.
The First I did was a craft along whilst watching Hochanda on rewind
This is the first time I used the glycerin-with- spectrum-aqua technique and was happy with the result. The rest of the colouring is also spectrum aqua and I have used pebeo’s liquid foil relief paste to ‘flick’ (as you would water) to make the foil droplets which I think is really pretty; I shall definitely be using the technique again!
This Second one was also coloured with spectrum aquas but was essentially just colour and stick; I have also added liquid pearls for a bit of dimension
This last one isn’t finished because I cannot decide whether or not my Tatty Ted colours match the background. They were created separately so the colours were not done to match to start with, but I can’t quite make up my mind…
A week(?) or two ago I did a mini tutorial on using aquatint inks and hinted that I may get round to posting the finished card, so here it is! Apologies for the wonky end photo, I forgot to take a snap before sending it on its merry way so I have had to steal this one from a friend.
So this is where we left it… The card was specifically for the seventh birthday of one of my bands (I’m a musician for anyone who didn’t know). I had already made a number seven out of chipboard (decorated with scraps, ribbon and foiling); once the background was dry I traced around the outline of the number 7 to give myself a guide and then started stamping (hehe).
Now at this point, it does look a bit of a mess, but what you have to remember is that the 7 will be covering the messy bits in the middle
all I need to worry about is what will be poking out at the sides. The stamps that are gold in this picture are heat embossed and the extra gold bits on the trumpets and music are foiling. You may also notice that on the edges some of the card has ripped away – this is where I have removed the tape, but is also why I made the base a little bigger than needed, so I have just trimmed this down, inked the edges and then stuck my number 7 on top – simples!
All of the stamps used on this particular piece are Sheena stamps; variously from ‘ageing beautifully’ ‘Dance Macabre’ and one of the rock’n’roll sets.