Tag Archives: heat embossing

More Stamping! or possibly more Christmas…

Carrying on the challenge, I have three new entries which are also all going into my Christmas stash!

wp-image-696467557

So this one is using a Phil Martin stamp which is the phone and the text message icons; I’ve then added in some christmassy stuff to make it a little more seasonal. The ‘Noel’ is from an Indigo Blu set which I got right at the beginning of my crafty habit and is still one of my favourite sets.

wp-image-497521507

This happy little penguin is from Whimsy Stamps; on this one I have coloured it with pencils but I may well do several of him in different mediums because he is so cute…

wp-image-1642059810

 

And Finally, this is one where I had no idea at all where I was going with it until I did; the snowflakes are a Honey Doo Stamp set from last year which I have heat embossed with a Wow! diamond sparkles. This is the first time out for this embossing powder and I have to say I am impressed! As is often the case, the photo does not due justice to the level of sparkle on this card and having also used Papermania’s Snowflake embossing powder my experience is that this one gives better image coverage with a more even sparkle – however this may just be luck of the draw. I have used distress inks to give the snowflakes some definition, however I then felt that the bottom left corner was looking a bit empty so I added this cute little stamp. I had a horrible moment after stamping when I realised that I had stamped in versafine instead of momento; the card I used here would not work well with watercolours so I decided to use my alcohol markers as planned and hope for the best. I think I have gotten away with it… (hurrah). I have also extended the ground line of the stamp out to the edge of the card so that the image wasn’t floating so much. The ‘Merry Christmas’ is from the same set as the ‘Noel’.

I hope you all like my fun stuff, I certainly enjoyed making it 🙂 – Keep it Crafty!

Advertisements

Yesterday Afternoon

20170311_112003.jpg

Yesterday afternoon I set myself the challenge of completing x4 A6 cards. I was aiming to be quick but as followers will probably have noticed, I am really not very good at ‘quick’ cards.

I also wanted to do  couple of male cards as the majority of mine tend towards a feminine cast.

Card No 1 was really easy, this is just a backing paper with a tag, some string and some pearl drops. The tag is stamped with a new Docrafts ‘Happy Birthday’ stamp that WC and I found in the Range a couple of days ago; I have then used clear embossing ink (you could also use black on black card) and gone over it with gilding wax. To finish off, I have then put in an eyelet for the string to go through.

20170311_111854.jpg

The second of the male cards is made using the same Docrafts stamp, but also some Sheena Stamps. Apart from the sentiment, the rest of the stamping is in distress inks. For both the microphone and the guitar I have then used water to pull some of the ink to create some shadow colouring, then to make the guitar pop a little more I have outlined it with a grey pencil, making sure the ‘dark side’ of the guitar has a wider shadow band.

For Embellishments I have used Brads; 1 per corner, 1 to hide a hole I made in error and the lock and key brads

The Guitar and Microphone are also glittered, which you can sort of see on this photo.

20170311_111803.jpg

Card no 3; This one is also coloured using distress inks. I have used a Heartfelt Creations Hisbiscus stamp; an Inkadinkado humming bird stamp and a Personal Impressions sentiment stamp.

Method

  1. Stamp the flower image
  2. Stamp the bird image
  3. Add your background distress colours and blend together.Here, I have used the flower image to determine where I wanted the pickled raspberry colour and built the rest of the background from that.
  4. Smoodge the same distress colours as your background onto a glass mat (or similar)
  5. Use either a damp paint brush or a sparkle pen to pick up and apply the distress ink to the bird image

I have also mixed the colours together a little which has given me a second green and the orangey colour. The rest of the card is finished off with pearl drops and punch flowers (edged in the same distress inks). Please bear in mind that if you intend to colour with a waterbased product (i.e. distress inks) you will need to use and alcohol based ink to stmap your image. I have used versfine smokey grey.

For people who can count, you will notice that this is only 3 cards rather than 4, this is because I had two that went badly enough to throw away 😦

Never mind, more fun for next time 😉

Christmas Challenge ahoy!

I’ve made a start with some very simple stamping techniques along with heat embossing and distress inks 🙂

I enjoyed the simplicity of both however I am now quite tempted to do the first one again but include a die-cut poinsettia to the bottom right-hand corner… possibly in vellum… maybe a couple of swirls…