This card is one of my most intense commissions of the year so far; it features the Tattered Lace accordion dies and a variety of other bits and pieces.
There are three sizes of the die and I thought it would be nice to mix them together. Anyone familiar with accordion dies will notice that the middle sections are not joined together. This is because with the size difference they can only be joined if you make the smaller squares the same width as the largest one (otherwise the whole card warps) either by adding extra card of by extending their width with ribbon. I didn’t really like either option so instead I went with having the middle sections swinging free.
The brief for this card was a tricky one;
I was asked for decoupaged Forever Friends Wedding bears; Something to do with Music; Something to do with sport and a mix of both Western and Oriental influences in the general feel of the card.
We later narrowed down the sport to ‘tennis’ and the music to ‘the piano and violin’.
This is the back:
The base of the card is from double-sided centura pearl, I have also used the centura for all of the embellishment die cuts. One of the things I really like about using CP is that the sheen of the card comes through once it has been coloured. The sports and music items are both digi-stamp builds so they are printed on some nice paper with a decoupage layer to allow the images to be beyond the size of the swing square. There is also a matching box however I failed to take a photo of it!
- Chinese Lanterns
- Red Packets
- Brush Script Kanji (I think that’s right)
I am listing everything used below; please feel free to comment/ask questions 😉
- Tattered Lace accordian dies
- Tattered Lace Torn edges squares
- Tattered Lace hearts (both from mini assortments)
- Tonic Key
- Tonic ‘Secret Whispers’ mini envelope
- Crafters Companion Lanterns
- First Edition Letters (these are part of Docrafts)
- Delightful Daisies Sue Wilson
- Sapphire set tag die
- Self Adhesive Lace
- Musical embossing foler
- Sticky Pearls
- Clear liquid Drops
- Assorted paper flowers
- Daisy Punch
- Forever friends (sourced from Docrafts)
- Sports and Music sourced from My Craft Studio Designer Directory digi-stamps
- Background image for text is from the Crafters Companion Kimono collection
- Wax Pencils
- Distress inks (Peacock Feathers and Dusty Concord)
- Alcohol pens (hanging hearts only)
- Gilding wax (key)
Plus my computer 🙂