Well today I have dipped a toe into scrapbooking.
This was my original layout. Well technically my second one but really didn’t like the first one at all. The main image is the notice I sent out to Mum’s friends, there was also a letter giving more detail.( I may print it out and fix it under the tags) The tags are the cards that were on the family flowers, fortunately they were all on the same size card and I have a tag die that they fitted. They are held by a brad so you can read them all if needed. Mum loved yellow flowers and always put yellow roses on Dad’s resting place. Having got this far I stopped for lunch so that I came back to it with fresh eyes.
The seed pods and purple are both dried parts of my parents funeral flowers. The spiders web is not yet fixed, it was on my desk and I put it there for fun and I think I like it but the grown up part of my head is saying ‘you cannot put a spiders web on this page’…………… Not sure which part is going to win.
Having seen the lovely xmas card Weirdchild has been making I found myself a little confused as I am sure that the Challenge was to be using something new…. However the challenge is only a guideline anyway so who cares?!
Every month I do my best to set myself a specific Crafty allowance ( I am sure many others do too) and so I am ashamed to say that I blew the whole of August’s allowance in one blow 😦
Some of you will have seen the new Crafters Companion Christmas Stamps that launched a couple of weeks ago which I had been merrily ignoring; unfortunately I was then lured into purchase by a really good deal (with a set of sparkle pens) and an additional discount available on the site through other means. I have been drooling a little over the sparkle pen sets for a while so I finally succumbed.
I have done two cards so far and a possibility.
The First I did was a craft along whilst watching Hochanda on rewind
This is the first time I used the glycerin-with- spectrum-aqua technique and was happy with the result. The rest of the colouring is also spectrum aqua and I have used pebeo’s liquid foil relief paste to ‘flick’ (as you would water) to make the foil droplets which I think is really pretty; I shall definitely be using the technique again!
This Second one was also coloured with spectrum aquas but was essentially just colour and stick; I have also added liquid pearls for a bit of dimension
This last one isn’t finished because I cannot decide whether or not my Tatty Ted colours match the background. They were created separately so the colours were not done to match to start with, but I can’t quite make up my mind…
Well I had to tidy properly from last time and what better way than using up the spare bits 🙂
Size 8″ * 8″
Having received my new HunkyDory dies just had to try at least one of them out. It is a shaker card using the new die and some HD snowfall acetate. The addition of a green background and wide xmas ribbon. The sentiment die is also HD, and finally you may recognise THAT die again.
Size 7″ * 5″
Base card has been silver embossed (still magic to watch). Unclear in photo but image is decoupaged with a snowfall acetate dome added.
Size 7″ * 5″
The embossed card was intended to be the base of the previous card but decided I liked it too much to cover so just added a snowflake corner.
Size 8″ * 8″
Left over HD card from last years makes. Added an embossed image, sanded back and silver gilding wax added, mounted on HD rainbow mirri.
Size 7″ * 5″
And to finish the tag is the last bit of of the HD used last week, the image is from the little book just simply matted onto a gold mirri mat on a red card base.
Crafting area is nearly tidy(ish) so might need to do some more today.
Foot Note: I have HunkyDory mats in Rainbow and Gold Little Book size and also Rainbow in 8′ * 8″ and find them invaluable. Depending on what I am adding I often take die cuts out of the centre. The last card I didn’t as I was adding a paper weight topper.
I was not going to Xmas craft today other than to possibly put inserts in and where needed make envelopes, but as they say ‘all good plans’……….
I unwrapped a pack of stencils and the swirly mat was the packaging, couldn’t resist crafting with it. It is a Hunkydory little book image with the top & bottom borders removed (they appear later) My current favourite die cut. The berries are tonic nuvo drops that I made on my glass mat and once set transferred to card.
Hand fussy cut decoupage that I found in the Xmas box, that die again 🙂 . A couple of HD tags and just a simple gold mat.
As simple as it gets. The slightly brown on the bottom has been removed and replaced with filler and sparkles.(The glue although it appeared ‘clean’ obviously had some brown from pin in it, will use a different glue next time)
And finally those two borders added to a gold mat. Backed with some mottled dark red paper and topped with a left over HD topper all from the Xmas scraps box. It needs something else but cannot decide what.
I have also done what I set out to do and all Xmas cards now have inserts and envelopes
As you have seen Mummy’s I thought I would show Nannie’s
As you can see I made a pop-up box.
His favourite bit (once he worked out how it worked) was the smiling moon.
The space elements are fussy cutting of a HunkyDory little book image. I did have a moment of panic about whether I was correct he was 8 (yes I know I was there when he was born so no excuses) The parcel card stock is Kanban, cut into panels and decoupaged. The ‘grey’ is in fact silver wink of stella.
Not Strictly part of anything at all; but I thought I would share this one because I liked it 😉
Spectrum Noir; Distress ink and wink of stella on both the orange bits and the ground (aiming for a sandy look)